Helping patients, pathologists and physicians work together to accelerate and optimize treatment
Deep Lens, Inc, through our next generation AI technology and cloud-based solutions, are driven to increase cancer cure rates and minimize the side effects of treatment for patients globally.
We value everyone’s unique background and support a work-life balance to bring solutions to market that have a positive impact for health professionals and those individuals impacted by cancer.
This role will report to the Vice President of Sales, and play a pivotal leadership role in driving business growth for Deep Lens through the execution of the Clinical Research Organization (CRO) channel strategy. This person will have responsibility for establishing strategic CRO relationships and sponsored study pull through for Deep Lens. The successful candidate will drive Deep Lens’ Sponsor strategic growth objectives by assessing potential CRO targets, intelligence gathering on customers and competitors, competitive positioning, opportunity identification, formulating detailed sales strategies that include the partnership between specific CRO companies and trial Sponsors.
Ideally this person is an experienced health care or CRO industry executive with a strong rolodex in the CRO, Pharma and Biotech industry, specifically contacts focusing on oncology based clinical trials. This candidate will have the executive presence/gravitas who can leverage existing relationships to add speed of adoption to the process. This person will identify the resources needed to pursue business opportunities, the development of new markets and the implementation and improvement of customer relationships.
The ideal candidate will bring a demonstrated history of success in complex environments. The CRO Sales Director must possess a hands-on, proactive style that delivers solutions in an efficient manner. This role will be both challenging and rewarding, and will require creative thought leadership, a strong thirst for success, unwavering commitment and demonstrated success in driving strategic sales initiatives.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Grow specific assigned CRO, Biotech (Sponsor) accounts by developing, and validating new leads and opportunities, leading to quick revenue generation.
- Achieve quarterly and annual sales goals.
- Utilize HubSpot CRM to manage pipeline relationships and opportunities, including rapid pipeline velocity.
- Collaborate closely with the sales leadership team and head of marketing to formulate a cohesive and executable sales strategy.
- Thorough understanding of Deep Lens’ software product offerings, functionality, positioning and value proposition for Sponsor organizations.
- Be able to conduct excellent remote and in person VIPER software demonstrations to pharma clinical trials teams.
- Attend and present at conferences and industry meetings as required.
- Help evolve strategic direction and plans for DEEP LENS with regard to our Pharma, Biotech and CRO sales efforts.
- Implement Deep Lens’s sales strategy across Sponsor market segments to ensure that the Company identifies and optimizes a clear path to aggressive growth.
- Provide commercial input to development activities and business/market analysis for program prioritization.
- Identify new customers, drive growth through existing and new products and initiate action plans to increase share of market.
- Conduct in-depth analysis of current and anticipated business conditions affecting the business and customer requirements.
- Develop a strategic sales plans that align with the Company’s strategy through market research, competitive analysis, customer engagements and business planning.
- Drive aggressive year-over-year growth through developing a pipeline capable of supporting and sustaining revenue growth.
Mission Critical Objectives - Year 1:
- Develop a robust pipeline and close deals to ensure we meet our revenue targets
- Assume leadership of CRO and related Sponsor relationships
- Establish collaborative relationship with Deep Lens internal teams
Education / Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Masters or Advanced degree is a plus
- Exceptional working knowledge of the Oncology clinical trials process
- A leverageable network of key decision makers across the Pharma, CRO and Biotech space.
- Bright and energetic personality
- Experience selling software in the healthcare environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience in high-level, senior management customer presentations
- 8-10 years minimum experience in or around the oncology clinical trials industry – either working for a sponsor/CRO or technology vendor to the industry with a focus on CRO and/or biotechnology companies working on investigational new drugs
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience in developing and executing successful commercialization strategies in early-stage companies
- Strong demonstrated success in senior-level sales roles
- Documented experience selling into the Healthcare C-suite
- Strong planning and analytical skills
- Proven experience with an extensive network and a successful track record in the CRO, Pharma, Biotech space
- Strong insights into market access and the ability to understand changing market dynamics, the competitive environment, commercial strategies and pricing economics
- Well-versed in the strategy, negotiation and alliance management activities necessary for future business development transactions
- Hands-on, action-oriented, and client-focused leader who drives for results and delivers on new business growth goals
- Ability to identify and assemble resources for customer analysis, competitive analysis, capture strategy development, solution development and translation of strategy and solutions into wins
- This is a high growth, fast paced, small organization. The ability to be productive and successful in an intense work environment is critical.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally is required, it is anticipated that this will be 40% of work time.
- CRO, Biotech, Pharma, Oncology and/or Technology Sales: 8-10 years (Required)