Helping match patients to clinical trials faster.
Deep Lens is a digital healthcare company focused on a groundbreaking approach to faster recruitment of the best-suited cancer patients to clinical trials. Through an innovative mix of technology and services, Deep Lens aims to compress clinical trial study timelines for clients allowing them to bring novel ground-breaking therapies to market faster.
We are a highly collaborative team and lean on the collective experience of each and every team member to move quickly as we build solutions that meet the needs of our customers.
The Customer Success team at Deep Lens, Inc. is seeking an experienced Genomic Product Owner with experience in clinical informatics and data analysis. This role is responsible for bringing genomic products to market, while offering assistance to data analysis needs. A successful candidate will have a clear understanding of clinical, pathologic and genomic data sets, data modeling, clinical terminology standards and a strong product development background.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Deliver product functionality that capitalizes on the value provided by genomic data sets.
- Work with Technology team members to facilitate a product roadmap and company vision for execution
- Maintain a prioritized product backlog to ensure the maximum value of the delivery team, to enable realistic forecasting, proper communication and expectation-management
- Balance market, business, technical and customer needs to ensure product viability
- Collaborate closely with internal & external stakeholders and other product teams to understand the business needs driving changes to product functionality
- Represent the company by meeting with customers to solicit feedback on company product and support services
- Work with our Marketing and Sales teams to help position products in the market
- Coordinate communications, meetings, and resources around product backlog items
- Define specific feature and service requirements, including acceptance criteria
- Work to communicate the why to the broader team; ensuring that engagement is high to maximize the creativity of the team
- Lead product release plans and set expectations for delivery of new functionality
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Actively research and assess competitors within our industry
- Strive to find ways to improve the current system, discover issues and deliver value to customers
- Mapping and annotation of clinical, pathological, and molecular data sets using standardized clinical terminologies.
- Continually improve systems by reviewing practices and design.
- Contributing to subject matter analysis of molecular and genomic data representations.
- Provide recommendations and designs for enhancements to our data model, in accordance with industry best practices, to enable product development and customer use cases.
- Work directly with machine learning engineers to construct training, testing and validating data sets.
- Assisting engineers in statistical analysis of accuracy of automated mapping systems
- Documentation and Reporting to senior leadership
- Continually developing knowledge and skill to strengthen job performance
- Handling sensitive and confidential information with tact, discretion and judgment
- Performing other related duties as required and assigned
- Create and maintain a process for mapping and validating new and updated data sources and data sets.
- Professional healthcare experience consisting of clinical and genomic data analysis: minimum 5 years of experience
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience working with healthcare and research data
- Background in developing information management strategies
- Experience working with structured and unstructured data sources
- Excellent project management skills including the ability to work independently and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- A continuous interest in expanding knowledge of data management and processing practices through hands-on investigation of technologies and tools with recommendations to senior management.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Willing to travel up to 10%-20% if required